Construction of wooden ECO houses from glued laminated timber for the project "Toronto", a total built-up area is 258 m², a living area is 156 m². This house project is perfect for a family of 4-5 people. The kitchen is combined with a living room into one space, its total area is 55 m². The house has three bedrooms of 36 m², 25 m² and 23 m² and three bathrooms. The recreation area by the pool is 64 m², parking place for the car is 35 m². Inner frame of the house is made of glued laminated timber of coniferous trees: spruce and pine, the thickness of the walls and internal partitions of the house is 185 mm. The exterior design of the house is made of larch, which provides maximum protection of the house from any external weather factors - sun and rain. In the wooden ECO houses from the company Exotic Property Thailand there is everything for a comfortable and healthy life and relaxation! Attention: the internal and external layout of the house can be changed by our architect at the request of the client. Before the start of construction, you can order a similar project of a house from 80 m² to 1000 m². Financing of construction is gradual. Each stage (foundation, walls, roof, windows) is represented by the advance part and the subtotal of the part. After signing the contract, all prices are fixed and remain unchanged (when complying with the terms of the contract) until the end of construction.
Our clients have the opportunity to choose the thickness of the walls of their future house, as well as the width of the internal partitions of the premises before the construction starts. Also we represent houses from exclusive thermo-wood with a wall thickness of 380 mm
Houses made of glued laminated timber with wall thickness from 185 to 380 mm
The construction of houses from glued laminated timber is considered the most modern technology for the construction of housing from eco-friendly wood. Such houses are distinguished by their durability, ecological compatibility and thermal insulation properties. In addition, houses made of glued laminated timber are characterized by resistance to negative effects of wind, precipitation and other natural phenomena. We are ready to offer the construction of houses in Thailand from ECO wood in the verse of hi-tech, chalet, modern and classic variants of houses and luxury villas.
Answers to frequently asked questions:
Glued laminated timber is a multi-layer building material made of wood, which is made from pre-processed edged boards of coniferous species. The raw materials used in the production of glued laminated timber are pine and spruce wood, it is possible to use cedar or larch on request. Wood is harvested in the forest, only in winter time and arrive to the factory in the form of logs of standard 6-meter length.
Characteristics of our houses from glued laminated timber
1. Profile depth is 14 mm (the deepest, warmest profile presented on the European market);
2. The number of spikes reaches 7, which provides maximum protection against wind and moisture;
3. In the production of glued laminated timber, spruce and pine are used in the winter northern billet of the highest class;
4. Gluing is made by EPI glue of Finnish production Kiilto, not emitting harmful substances and providing high strength;
5. Humidity of wood is not more than 22%, fire-protection, protection against termites and fungi is provided.
Advantages of wooden houses from glued laminated timber
Glued laminated timber fully preserves the properties of waterproofness of natural wood, and, therefore, acts as a natural moisture regulator in the house.
The walls from timber are devoid of cracks and heterogeneous areas, and consequently, have excellent thermal insulation qualities. In other words, a wooden house made of glued laminated timber for a long time retains heat or coolness.
3. Resistance to rottenness.
Glued laminated timber due to processing in the production process is resistant to humidity and high temperatures and is not prone to rot, which is important for the houses in Thailand.
4. Fast construction of houses.
Complete sets of houses from glued laminated timber are made directly in the factory and are only mounted on the site. To build the walls of a wooden house a massive foundation is not necessary, the installation process is fast and simple. This can be a decisive factor when you want to get a full house in the shortest possible time.
5. Ecological compatibility.
Glued profiled timber manufactured in accordance with the technology is completely ecological and doesn’t contain any active chemicals capable of interacting with the environment. Protective compounds are applied directly in the production process, which guarantees uniform impregnation, which is difficult to achieve in case of, for example, manual application of protective compounds.
The company Exotic Property Thailand is ready to offer the construction of wooden houses throughout Thailand, we offer you a large selection of ready-made projects or the development of an individual project by our specialists. The cost of building a house from natural wood depends primarily on the size of the house and the complexity of the project.
We take on the entire construction process, starting from the production of timber in the factory and delivering it to the territory of Thailand, finishing with the most complex finishing works. If necessary, we can individually design the house or village of villas according to your wishes. We carefully consider the requirements of customers, guaranteeing each of our customers an individual approach.
Cost of houses from glued laminated timber tunrkey
If you want to build a strong and durable house made of wood in Thailand, then choosing a house from glued laminated timber is the right decision. First, glued laminated timber is the most high-quality and beautiful material, combining the best properties of wood. It is durable, beautiful and not subject to deformation. And surely you are thinking about the question: how much does it cost to build a house from glued laminated timber?
Calculation of the cost of a house from glued laminated timber "turnkey" consists of several components and is determined by the amount of materials and work laid in the project.
As it is known, a quality product can’t be cheap. Any material has its price, which is calculated from the cost of production, the quality of the materials used, the cost of labor and the cost of using modern technologies.
A house made of glued laminated timber is the house that is worth its money. When choosing materials for construction, it always makes sense to calculate the total cost of all costs: from laying the foundation, to completing construction - finishing works and putting the house into operation.
What is the price of a house made of glued laminated timber
In order to make the wooden house of glued laminated timber highly economical, the ideal thickness of the wall from timber should be at least 185 mm. In a house made of concrete, the thickness of the wall must be at least 350-360 mm in order to provide similar parameters for heat recoil. Obviously, when choosing a house from glued laminated timber, the savings in the amount of building area will be 1.8 times, and this entails saving both labor costs and construction time.
Calculation of the cost of a house from glued laminated timber "turnkey" is made up of several components and is determined by the amount of materials and work included in the project:
Term of construction. House from glued laminated timber is erected in 6 months. The house from concrete is built for 1-2 years with the involvement of different construction teams. Long-term use of labor and the duration of work, require large financial costs. The higher cost of glued laminated timber is justified by the considerably shorter construction period.
Foundation. Glued laminated timber is a light material and gives the opportunity to build a house on a shallow and light foundation. It is important to consider that the price of the foundation can also be different, depending on the choice of the type of foundation that is required on a particular land plot. For most houses made of wood, it is sufficient to use a pile-and-screw foundation, which is erected during 1-3 days. The service life of such a foundation is 30-100 years.
Energy saving. The thickness of the walls also affects the price of a wooden house made of glued laminated timber. But the thicker the wall, the less you have to spend on cooling the premises, so the thickness of the walls directly affects the energy efficiency of the maintenance of the house.
Finishing work. A house from glued laminated timber doesn’t need finishing. Glued laminated timber is a beautiful and noble material, ready to be used. Absence of the need for finishing works provides significant budget savings, while finishing the house from concrete is long and expensive.
As a result: with the full calculation of the budget for the construction of an eco-friendly wooden house, the price of a house from glued laminated timber will be similar to that of a stone or concrete house, but the quality of a house from glued laminated timber will be much higher.
How much does it cost to build a house from glued laminated timber?
There may be several options:
1. A house with a complete set “shell and core” - without finishing works and internal engineering communications - price from 35,000 baht per m2
2. A house with a fine finishing and all communications - price from 49,000 baht per m2
Old technologies of construction are being replaced by new ones. More ergonomic, durable and cheap materials are being developed. However, having set a goal to build a beautiful and comfortable house, people still prefer wood. Modern construction of wooden houses is not only traditional construction, but also modern technologies. Our company offers the construction of the best in many respects wooden houses from glued laminated timber on the territory of Thailand.
The first and the main stage of the construction of any house is the creation of a project, in accordance with which, in fact, the building will be erected. The final result depends on how accurately and professionally the project is made. It is worth noting that it is not enough just to draw the way the house will be built and look, you also need to take into account the requirements for the technical safety of the operation of living quarters.
Despite all the importance of the technical project, one should not forget about purely aesthetic moments, which can be reflected in the design project. It's not a secret for anyone that sometimes it is extremely difficult to determine what size, shape and color the house should be. Looking at the numerous pictures on the Internet, you can only remotely imagine what you want to build for yourself.
Experts of Exotic Property Thailand will help you to understand whether you need a veranda, a balcony, a terrace, what color to make shutters, doors, window frames, what decorative elements to use. We will offer the best variant of design, taking into account the features of the landscape and neighboring buildings, all your wishes and requirements and as a result create an ideal design project.
You can express your wishes for the appearance of the future house in different ways:
- in words;
- sending photographs of buildings that you particularly like;
- choosing an already ready project and, together with the designer, introducing your adjustments into it.
The ready design project is a large package of documents, which, in addition to images of the facades of the future house, contains information on materials and technologies recommended for use. There are also color schemes, design solutions, sizes and much more.
It is worth noting that the buildings based on the projects of wooden houses have a wide range of advantages. They are environmentally friendly and cozy. They better keep cool in the heat. In a wooden house there is always a special microclimate, balanced by humidity. The wood is the only material that can "breathe". If you need a design project for a residential building or other structure from glued laminated timber, please contact our company.
Advantages of building houses from glued laminated timber:
- high strength;
- resistance to deformation;
- light weight of the material, which causes a minimal load on the foundation;
- high moisture resistance;
- air permeability, inherent only in wood;
- ecological compatibility;
- excellent thermal insulation;
- ease of installation due to the presence of special grooves of factory manufacturing.
Construction of houses in Thailand from glued laminated timber consists of several consecutive and intermediate stages:
1. Preparatory stage - departure to the site for inspection of the ground; choice of the type of foundation; geodetic measurements of the difference in the heights of the earth's surface; orientation of the earth plot with respect to the sides of the world for the correct location of the house and the correct conduct of communications. In the future, this will affect the layout of the house. Construction from glued laminated timber passes in several stages. At the preparatory stage of construction, it is necessary to determine in advance where the building materials and builders will be located.
2. After preparing the project of the house, builders go to the foundation. It is selected depending on the type of soil and can be either monolithic or pile (from metal piles). Term of manufacturing a monolithic foundation - from 2 weeks to a month, depending on the size of the house and the type of soil. The foundation on metal screw piles is quite versatile, suitable for almost all types of soil, is laid quickly and at any time of the year, up to 3 days. The principal difference is that on screw piles, you can immediately start building a house, on a monolithic foundation - in two weeks.
It should be mentioned that in view of the comparative lightness of glued laminated timber, the price of the foundation is sharply reduced, because the simpler the design, the easier the foundation can be, and the cost of building a house from glued laminated timber is lower than that of a concrete house.
The foundation laying works are carried out under technical supervision: the inspection goes through all stages, from hidden reinforcement work, measuring the depth of the pile foundation, to formwork. After casting the concrete, the geometry of the casting and the strength of the concrete are checked.
3. The installation of walls during the construction of houses from glued laminated timber under the key is made by analogy to the assembly of the constructor: finished parts of factory manufacturing which completely correspond to the drawings are brought to the building site. Manual completion of the details on the construction site is not carried out. Glued laminated timber is originally a clean material and it is important that the assemblers possess a sufficiently high qualification, since there are many important nuances. Building of walls takes from 2 weeks to 1.5 months. If during the construction it begins raining, the walls must be protected from rain and covered with a film. A positive feature of glued laminated timber is that if you don’t have time to cover the beams, it will be enough to give them a little time to dry out, and you will be able to continue the work.
Technical supervision during the construction of a house made of glued laminated timber.Technical supervision monitors and accepts every stage of building a house. During the assembly of walls, the geometric size and diagonals of the house are checked. In view of the fact that for glued laminated timber a discrepancy of not more than a couple of millimeters is permissible, in case of discrepancy detection, the brigade completely sorts out the stowage. These are precision operations.
When assembling a house, it is important that workers accurately handle the material and prevent contamination during work. In view of the fact that the house made of glued laminated timber is constructed immediately from the finished material, adherence to these rules also reduces the time costs.
4. Roof works. Despite the fact that the shrinkage in the house from glued laminated timber is minimal, the roof must be made using floating technology. Even with a slight shrinkage of the house, the roof must fall with it. Installation of the roof takes from 2 weeks to one and a half months, depending on the size of the house. And also several stages of acceptance of technical supervision pass. Rafter construction of the roof is accepted; hidden works to fully seal the roof; the abutment of the roof to the wall; and a fully finished roof with mandatory inspection of the drainage system; the installation of dormer windows is checked to prevent the possibility of blowing or leaking. The laying of the roofing is checked mandatory. If it is a question of a metal tile, it is necessary to observe the density of abutment of sheets and the frequency of installation of roofing screws. If this is a bitumen shingle, then the joints of the shingles are measured between each other, settlement of the ridges.
When constructing houses and cottages from glued laminated timber, it is important to check the correctness of the roof sealing, since on it maintaining a constant temperature throughout the house depends.
5. The next step is the installation of windows. For a wooden house it is important that the windows are installed correctly and are not deformed during operation. Therefore, all windows and doors are installed in casing, fixed in the wall by "floating" technology. When walls shrink, the boxes remain in the same position, and the windows are attached to them. Installation of windows takes 2-3 days.
Turnkey construction of houses in Thailand from glued laminated timber
1. Upon completion of the works mentioned above, if necessary, rough floors are installed inside the house, intended for further laying of communications and insulating materials, and if this is provided for in the project, a framework of internal partitions is installed in the house. After that the stage of civil works can be considered complete.
2. Finishing works. For a house made of glued laminated timber, it is important to paint the walls of the house as quickly as possible from the outside. In view of the fact that the wood doesn’t like moisture and sun, it is necessary to protect it, treating it with a special composition - oil. This process takes from 2 weeks to a month.
3. Engineering works. After we have protected the house from external influence, it is possible to pass to the wiring of internal engineering communications, which is divided into two stages:
Wiring is laying pipes, wires, water, electricity and ventilation. In a wooden house they are laid inside the floors. After we have built up engineering communications, finishing can be started - flooring of finishing floors, ceilings, painting of internal walls, interior doors and platbands.
The final stage of the construction of the house from glued laminated timber is the laying of utilities, the installation of clean sockets, lamps, and the house is ready for operation.
Drying of wood. In the construction of wooden houses we use only dry and glued sawn timber of factory production - this is an additional guarantee against deformations and the appearance of fungus. Dry timber is an extremely unfavorable environment for the appearance of fungus and mold. Lumber that has passed through the drying process is losing weight and slightly size, which greatly simplifies not only the transportation, but also the construction procedure. Glued laminated timber has a number of additional advantages: increased strength and durability, excellent appearance and improved fire resistance.
Multi-tooth profile. We use glued laminated timber with a multi-toothed profile (5-7 fold sealing and a unique depth of the stud 14mm), which guarantees better protection of the walls from blowing and moisture ingress. "Multi-toothed profile" contains from 5 to 7 spikes and their depth is usually 10-14mm. This technology doesn’t imply an additional sealing, since the existing studs of great depth are already sufficient to provide a non-blowing wall. The obvious plus of this profile is the absence of dependence on manual labor - all grooves are made on the factory equipment, which guarantees the accuracy of the connections between the beams.
The choice of wood. Traditionally it is believed that a tree that grows in more severe, northern regions is better suited for the construction of houses. This is true, since such wood has a more dense structure, and, therefore, it is more durable in operation. In our production we use pine and spruce, harvested in the northern regions of Europe. This wood has increased strength in comparison with trees growing in the central regions of Europe, for example, France or Switzerland.
Ecologically pure glue Kiilto. At the production the glue EPI system Kiilto for timber is used, developed in Finland, where environmental friendliness and reliability have always come first. In the glue system Kiilto there are no formaldehydes, melamine, toluene, phenol and other substances that can cause cancer. The cured adhesive is chemically neutral. It doesn’t release toxic compounds and doesn’t decompose during the operation of the house. Moreover, it can be used to manufacture products that will be in contact with food. For example, cutting boards in your kitchen can be made using similar glue!
Delivery of houses to Thailand. Ready-made houses made of glued laminated timber are carefully packed in containers at the factory and delivered by sea to Thailand. Exotic Property Thailand carries out customs operations and pays taxes and afterwards delivers "ready-made" houses to any part of Thailand, where the construction of houses is carried out in a short time.
Real price and terms of construction
We guarantee that the cost of building a house will not change during the construction. Own production of houses in the factory and imports allow us to maintain the necessary stocks of building materials and not depend on price fluctuations.
The detailed estimate, as an annex to the contract, accurately describes all the stages of work and the necessary materials - you are spared from the possible unaccounted expenses.
The construction schedule agreed upon in the contract will be observed to within a month.
High standards of energy efficiency.
We use glued laminated timber with a multi-toothed profile (7-fold seal and 14 mm depth of the stud).
Particular attention is paid to maintaining the tightness of the corners of the house - all corner joints are made with a wind lock and triple sealing using a Klimalan sheep wool seal (Germany).
We build houses with a wall thickness of 185 mm, which makes our houses more heat-resistant, which means that they save on maintaining a constant temperature in the house, so our homes are not only eco-friendly, but also economical, because electricity consumption is minimal.
We build houses in the format of an "individual approach to the client", with a personal approach to each client's request at all stages of the work, from the design of the project to the interior decoration of the premises. For example, at the stage of designing a project, we take into account more than 100 parameters that will make your house truly unique.
He possibilities of factory production of houses allow us to provide materials that completely satisfy your needs. A personal manager will constantly inform you about the progress of the construction of your house, all our customers will receive monthly photos and video reports on the progress of the construction of the house.
Each stage of work is produced in our company by a separate team, which specializes only in the works of the given type. In the staff of our company there are highly qualified designers, architects, engineers and builders, each of whom thoroughly knows his business.
You can choose a house project that will suit you in appearance, layout and price, from the assortment presented on our website - from classics to high-tech, from small to large sizes, all house designs can be rescheduled at the client's request, the size of the house can be altered, as well as the internal layout of the premises. All projects are the author's developments of our architects and take into account the peculiarities of the Thai climate.
We guarantee that any project will be executed taking into account the wishes of your family and the features of the site on which the construction is planned.
If you want your house to be completely unique, our designers and architects will be happy to develop for you an exclusive project from scratch that meets all your requirements.